One of the most iconic places to visit in Melbourne is Brunetti’s which began their operations as an authentic roman pasticceria in Carlton in 1985. Since then and due to their immense popularity, they’ve opened two more locations at Melbourne’s City Square (April 2005) and Camberwell (October 2007).
Brunetti’s is most known for their delicious cakes but they house a beautiful cafe that offers first class coffee. Also on offer are various other hot drinks such as the Italian hot chocolate, imported and local cold beverages, alcoholic beverages and a large selection of pasteries.
Brunetti’s also has a:
- Pasticceria which offers a wide selection of cakes, tarts, mignon, biscuits, chocolates, nougat and original delicious cakes
- Gelateria section that offers 26 flavours of gelati all made daily on the premises by gelatieri using only fresh fruit and natural ingredients. Also available are icy granitas, fresh smoothies and freshly squeezed juices.
- Paninoteca which offers offers an array of mixed savouries to include tramezzini, foccacce, salads, and savory crepes. They also offer a breakfast menu, al la carte menu and an antipasto bar.
- Cioccolateria which offers over 40 varieties of hand made chocolates made from the finest imported Callebeau chocolate. They also have chocolate fondue with special chocolate desserts.
- Creperia that serves freshly made traditional crepes with a variety of toppings and fillings.
When I used to work in the city, my brother and I would often meet at their Elizabeth St location and enjoy some gelati. So good!
Here’s their baked cheesecake – it was absolutely divine! I love cheesecake!
Ice coffee. Nom. =)